Search This Blog

Sunday 1 January 2017

Co – Creation with Nature




Iona. We are collecting seaweeds on the beach and spread it in the garden. The seaweeds will sink into the soil and nourish it with goodies all through winter, preparing it for planting in the spring. The weather is surprisingly good (middle of December…) and we want to give back to the house and the people who take care of it, for the pampering and the warmth that engulfs us. 

While working in the garden, I am trying to "feel" it, to befriend the "locals", plants and unseen beings. This garden is a stranger to me, I feel like a guest here. It takes time to become friends, understand the behaviors, wishes and will of the regular residents and co- creators.

After two years, 2 cycles of 4 seasons, I know my garden in Findhorn like I know myself. At times we reflect each other. Sometimes during the years, I learned to look the plants and trees in the eye (thank you Findhorn !). It is easier with animals, they respond with emotion that we can decipher. When we talk to a plant we need to dive deeper, use imagination and release the feeing that it is ridiculous and a waste of time. The next stage is to work with the plant's spirit and nature spirits to bring change. I am focused on creating "healing pockets", soothing energy from the ground that invites us to let go, to feel safe. This kind of work became very tangible to me, almost physical, clear as the use of my other 5 senses.  

Co – creation with nature is one of the 3 core principles that built Findhorn. Last winter, in a series of meetings within the Foundation, I realized how unclear this principle is to people who are not gardeners. The 2 other principles, inner listening and service to the world, are usually what bring people to live here, but for many who do not work with nature on a daily basis, the concept of talking to nature eye to eye doesn't land. Last winter a decision was made to widen this principle to "co – creation with all forms of life". I know that this is the result of meditations and attunements, but it doesn't resonate with me. It is too abstract, too wide. Whether we have the right to change our core principles is another discussion.

This magical place was built on the basis of 3 core principles. The world is full with communities, learning centers, places that live the principles of inner listening and service to the world. I never saw a place that brought co-creation with nature to such heights. The work that was done here made Findhorn famous around the world (lots of books on the subject). Over the years, this principle lost its center role within the community. The many guests that visit us are very interested to hear about this particular work. 

Co – creation with nature is what brought me year after year to Findhorn, and I came to garden here in order to live it on a daily basis. I had a strong feeling that if we can open "healing pockets " in my country, we will eventually be nourished by the land and stop the cycles of violence. I didn't think for a moment that it will happen in my life time, but you need to start somewhere. I am not an expert, you cannot be an expert on a personal experience, different for each person. I don't know how to teach it, but I hope that by writing about my experiences, I will open for others a door to this magical rich world. 

10 days in Iona bring clarity regarding my place in the cauldron called Findhorn. I want to bring co- creation with nature to the center. I want to bring back the magic. Magic is an action through which we create change, with love and minimum chaos. Every action creates a response on the energetic web (butterfly affect…).  A ground/land related action is very potent and we need to approach it with an open,  pure heart. The unseen partners are ready and waiting for us to ask for support.

How do we do it? that remains to be seen. When? Now…..



  

No comments:

Post a Comment